This Policy governs the use of personal data which you provide to us via our website. Personal data is any or all data relating to a natural person who is identified, or can be identified, from the data.
SJ Accounts Solutions Limited (“SJAS”, “we”, “our”, “us”) respects your privacy. We understand that how your personal data is used and shared online matters to you, and we take the privacy of those who visit our website (“the Site”) very seriously. We will not collect any data other than when you contact us, and we will always process that data in compliance with the law. Our Site contains links to other sites, and be aware that if you choose to click on those links, your data may be processed by other organisations hosting those sites. We cannot control or monitor this, and you should have regard to their Privacy Policies.
Who we are
- the Site is owned and operated by SJ Accounts Solutions Limited of 2 Apsley Cottages, North Lee Lane, Terrick, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5YB.
- our VAT registration number is 103676723
- our Director Steve Anderson is a Fellow member of the Association of Accounting Technicians and is an AAT Licenced Accountant.
You have certain rights as a data subject under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which governs the collection, processing and disposal of personal data by organisations such as ours. In relation to personal data about you, you have the right:
- to be informed about how and why we collect and use the data
- to be given access to the data we hold
- to have any inaccurate or incomplete data rectified
- to ask us to delete personal data, earlier than we might already dispose of it
- to prevent us from processing the data further
- to object to us using the data for particular purposes
We provide contact details at the end of this Policy for you to use if you have any complaint about our processing of your personal data. If you are not satisfied with the way we deal with this issue, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the body in charge of supervising personal data use in the UK.
What data do we collect?
If you communicate with us by e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address and any other content that you send to us in the body of the mail. Any other data you provide to us will be dealt with independently of our website and is covered by our Data Protection policy.
How is your data used?
We will process and store your data securely, and we will only keep it for as long as we need it for the purpose(s) for which it was collected.
In relation to the data we do collect, as laid out in the section above, we may use it as follows:
- to reply to your email
- to respond to you to deal with any queries about our services
You have the right to withdraw your consent to our use of your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it. We will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent.
How and where do we store your data?
We will only keep your data as long as we need it for the purpose(s) for which it is collected, and/or for as long as we have your permission to hold it.
Some or all of your data may be stored outside of the EEA. If we do store data outside this area, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is as safe and secure as it would be within the UK, and is treated lawfully and in accordance with the GDPR. These steps are detailed in our Data Protection Policy.
Website and cookies
We use small files known as ‘cookies’ to enhance your experience of the SJAS website as follows:
- to facilitate optimal use of the SJAS website, by means of a temporary ‘session’ cookie. These cookies disappear when your browser session ends.
- the SJAS website provides links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. Always check the privacy policies of any sites you visit and contact the owner or operator of such web site if you have any concerns or questions.
You may opt to view the site without cookies by adjusting your browser’s settings. If you do disable cookies some functions of the site may no longer work correctly. You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
Accessing your data
You are entitled to make a Subject Access Request under the GDPR. This means that you may request a copy of any personal data we hold about you, free of charge. We will provide any or all information in response to your request if you write to us.
If you have any questions about the Site or this Policy, or you wish to make a Subject Access Request, then please contact us as follows, making your request or query clear:
telephone: 0207 971 1247
postal address: SJ Accounts Solutions Ltd – 2 Apsley Cottages, North Lane, Terrick, Buckinghamshire, HP22 5YB
Amending the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, in response to changes in the law or for operational reasons. Any changes will immediately be posted on the Site and you will be deemed to have accepted the amended Policy if you continue to use the Site afterwards. You should therefore regularly review this Policy.